Search This Blog

SAVE OUR NATION

SAVE OUR NATION
Alive Earth Goes Dead

Sunday, August 16, 2009

What Patriotism means to you?


What does patriotism mean to the common person of India? How are we to show (show to ourselves, not to others) that we love our country? How do you express the surge of feeling u feel for ur country..

Patriotism for me has many manifestations..It includes the correct way of singing the National Anthem (its kind of sad that many of us don't speak the words correctly..or have never bothered to find out the meaning of what our anthem conveys..though they may have a vague idea)...to saving and enhancing the resources of my country whenever and however it may be possible for me to do so..eg. saving paper nad water..

Also feeling proud of my country's achievements and wanting to better the present by doing my bit. Even small things like making others aware of what is so special about my country and at the same time having respect for other countries as well. My national pride is not unreasonable or jingoistic or chauvinistic..im aware of the shortfalls, but i also now that a lot of them can be overcome with a small effort from everyone's side..and much more..i would like to invite comments on what is the feeling people get when they feel 'patriotic', what does it mean to u in any and every sense of the word..Thanks.

No comments:

My Blog List